Outpost Firewall Pro is a product from Agnitum - www.agnitum.com
The Output Firewall Pro monitors network traffic by application.
Simple DNS Plus consists of several executable module (applications) which each must be granted access to the Internet. These modules are:
- "Simple DNS Plus - Core Engine" (sdnsmain.exe)
- "Simple DNS Plus - DNS Look Up" (lookup.exe)
- "Simple DNS Plus - DNS Record Editor" (editrecs.exe)
- "Simple DNS Plus - GUI" (sdnsgui.exe)
You may get each of the following 3 Outpost Firewall Pro alert dialogs for each of the Simple DNS Plus modules listed above:
1) "Application is requesting an outbound connection"
Select "Allow all activities for this application" and click the "OK" button:
2) "Application attempts to listen a port"
Select "Allow acting as a server" and click the "OK" button:
3) "Application is attempting to launch a network-enabled process"
Select "Allow to launch network-enabled processes" and click the "OK" button:
For more information, please see the following knowledge base article: